Today I want to share with you my summer go-to primers! Summer is definitely the hottest time of the year especially in Louisiana! It’s already 80 degrees at 7am! A good primer is essential to my very VERY oily skin. I cannot leave my house without primer! I have picked a few of my summer go-to primers that are my absolute holy grail! I use drugstore and high-end primers.
- Milk of magnesia. (not pictured) Yes…..MILK OF MAGNESIA. Don’t knock it until you try it! Plenty of bloggers and You-tubers swear by M.O.M. At first I didn’t believe how great it was. Let’s just say I wore this as a primer every single day last summer. It’s amazing! Don’t be afraid of how “pasty” it looks. Your foundation will cover it right up! It will dry matte and leave your skin shine free! Another bonus, you can buy the generic brand from the dollar store and it works just as well!
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. I love this primer! For $4.99 it seriously fills your pores and leaves your skin looking flawless!
- ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer. ELF has a plethora of primers. I grabbed this one because a lot of people compare it to the Smashbox photo primer. I’ve never tried the Smashbox primer, but I can tell you the ELF primer is amazing and so lightweight!
- Makeup Forever Step 1 Base Hydrating Primer. One of my favorite high-end primers! It works like magic!
- Benefit The POREfessional Primer. Another one that works like magic!! This and the Maybelline Baby Skin is neck-n-neck!
- Hard Candy Sheer Envy Hydrating Primer Mist. This is a GREAT primer spray! It’s so soothing to the skin and definitely helps my makeup stick. It’s oil free, silicone free and alcohol free! What more could you ask for?
What are your favorite summer go-to primers? Let me know if you try any of the primers I’ve mentioned! Talk to you soon Beauties!